Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Advice on software?

From: Darren Inwood <darren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 02:16:49 EEST

>>Specimen.

This looks just as simple as I need. :-) thanks for pointing it out!

>>Also worth looking at ZynAddSubFX for synthesis

It's always fun to have more synths.

>>Rosegarden4, MuSE

Looks like I'll have to install Qt after all :-D I have a slow machine
(P2 400MHz) so I guess I'll have to see which one eats the least resources.

>I would recommend seq24 as a nice (not traditional style, but very light
>and better for live work IMHO) sequencer

Actually I already found and love seq24! Thanks for reminding me. Live
stuff, yes it is brilliant!

>For something completely different from any music program you have ever
>used (or imagined) before, try freewheeling.. you definitely have to watch
>the tutorial videos to work out how to use it though!

Looks like I need to iron out my hardware issues (no full duplex) to use
this one properly. It certainly looks impressive though.

Thanks all,

--
Darren
NZ