Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio on cluster systems

From: <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 05:17:34 EEST

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 05:47:16PM +0100, Frank smith wrote:
> Hey thats what I am waiting for.
> I'm using two machines at the moment, 1 for mutlitrack Studio1 (I would
> like to synch 2 machine here running ardour for 64 tracks)
> and another box to master to.

if you are using a 100mbit network the udpsync stuff should already be
useful for you.
it still has some issues but i hope we can fix them during the next
month.

it slaves (synches) one jackd to another via network.
using the soundcard of the slave is only possible for capturing and it
resamples the input it gets in a brutal manner, but for 100mbit i cant
hear artifacts.
with wlan its VERY harsh though :)

> But a true cluster would be superb for a professional studio.
> Very nice idea if you could get the throughput.
> I assume that would be the problem.

we will support multicast in the future. but development is progressing
quite slowly :(

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language