Re: [linux-audio-user] ALSA/dmix recording problem

From: Peter Gaži <petergazi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 13:47:57 EEST

> The asym plugin can be used to combine dmix and dsnoop into a single
> full duplex device.
>
> http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=asym
>
> Florian Schmidt

Thank you very much, it was just the solution i needed, now the
TeamSpeak works. But it seems like it blocks the whole output device
for himself, thus not allowing xmms to play while running. Normal
ALSA-friendly, output-only applications can share the sound through
dmix, so this part works. I am a bit puzzled by all those layers -
ALSA, OSS emulation, dmix, asym.. Is it possible to make the xmms and
TeamSpeak work simultaneously? I read some howtos on this topic, and
according to them i need a soundcard which supports one in/out stream
and one output/only stream, which mine does.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Peter