Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi Usb interface

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Tue Jun 07 2005 - 19:58:14 EEST

> Whats the best midi/usb interface for Linux.

This depends ;-) .

> I have seen a few midiman 2's on ebay.

At least the m-audio midispocht 8x8 needs a firmware loaded,
and AFAIK this is also valid for the 4x4 and 2x2s.

Works fine with the loader from Clemens Ladisch (see
sourceforge.net), but it is an extra step to install.

I also run an Edirol UM-1S which works very well without any
firmware loading. AFAIK it is meanwhile sold out. But Edirol
has successors, I guess these should work fine.

Best regards

    ce