[linux-audio-user] disaster day #3

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 22:22:59 EEST

Greetings:

  While waiting for another box I decided to pull the RAM and test each
stick (256 MB each). The problem occurred with either stick. I'm able to
log in, work for a few minutes, then the box just freezes. I can hear
the disk drive make a little activity noise first, then everything's
just gone. Btw, it'll die in X or at the console, it's not an X problem
(I think). And since the problem occurs whether I'm on /dev/hda or
/dev/hdb I doubt if both disk drives are bad.

  Anyway, Ivy's bringing over the other machine in another day or so,
I'll switch drives into that machine and see what happens next.

Best,

dp