Re: [linux-audio-user] hardware recommendations?

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 16:48:12 EEST

Hallo,
Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden> hat gesagt: // Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hmmm. I have had lots of similar trouble with some Matrox cards. Does your
> problem go away if you use the VESA driver? (Don't know if that helps
> though)

I might try that, too.

> > My best success then came yesterday, when in my despair I disabled the
> > Xfree86 screensaver ("xset s off"). After that the machine stayed
> > alive a whole night, even with the monitor off, and is also on since
> > then this day. I now will try to reenable various things again to see,
>
> Sounds like the GFX-card...

Well, today I again got hangs, even with the screensaver disabled. It
may be one of these mysterious things which can only be explain by the
supernatural. I'm currently trying some settings in the BIOS as Lee
suggested, of which I don't know what they do (like the things with
"LDT" in their name.)

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41