Re: [linux-audio-user] Low latency USB 1.1 card?

From: nigel henry <cave.dnb@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 00:21:30 EEST

Hi Frank. Using a dodgy kernel eh! I've being viewing your posts , and sort
of wanting to help, scanned the synaptic list. I had 2.4.27 kernel and 2.6.8.
Having now found out that that Sarge has gone stable I've decided to stay on
the testing repo. Like going into unknown territory (beyond Sarge). Found a
2.6.11-1-386 and thought "give this a go". The only problems I find with this
one are the same as with the 2.6.8 kernel. You have to add to /etc/modules,
uhci_hcd so as to be able to use the usb midi keyboard, and have to add to
/etc/modules, snd-emu10k1-synth so that my script to autoload the soundfont
with sfxload will work, bearing in mind that I'm using an Audigy2
soundblaster card with emu10k1 driver. I realise that your problem is a sound
card one, and also that the 2 modules I've mentioned should really be loaded
as default. Just giving my 2 cents worth. Hope you get it fixed. Nigel.