Re: [linux-audio-user] snd sound speed adjustment

From: David Haggett <david@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 10:19:42 EEST

On Thursday 16 June 2005 07:11, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> On one of my systems, with a Hoontech card in it, I can use snd to
> change playback speed without changing pitch. On another system
> containing a Soundblaster, snd won't change the pitch. Is this an
> expected behavior?

I'm by no means an expert, so take this with a liberal amount of salt, but I
read somewhere that the creative chipset is locked at a 48000Hz sample rates,
and all other rates are produced by resampling in software.

Could it be that snd maintains the pitch by changing to a lower/higher
sample-rate in hardware?

BTW - thanks for the pointer. I've been looking for something that will allow
me to slow down guitar solos enough for me to rip them off, this might be the
one :)

--
David Haggett