[linux-audio-user] ide to scsi convertors

From: R Parker <rtp405@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 16:11:35 EEST

Hi,

FC3
Tyan Tiger Dual AMD
Adaptec Firewire Controler
CoolDrives Dual Master two bay hotswap enclosure with
the Initio bridge

I've given firewire a fair shake. With my hardware it
is unreliable. SBP2 is forever spiting out error
messages. Hotswap events hang the SCSI bus and force
power cycling.

Has anyone used or got opinions on IDE to SCSI
convertors? Here's a link to what I'm looking at
http://www.addonics.com/news/media/2002/100202cnet.asp

I intend to modify the Cooldrives enclosure by
removing the firewire bridges and replacing them with
the SCSI convertors. I'll run the enclosure off one
channel of my ICP Vortex GDT8543RZ four channel RAID
controler.

I expect grey skies to turn blue, bankers to offer low
interest loans and tickets for sporting events. It's
to much to expect a social life so I'll reserve some
optimism. Am I an idiot?

ron

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com