Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack capture

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Sat Jun 18 2005 - 23:29:35 EEST

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 17:31 +0100, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> Howdy peeps.
>
> Has anyone got jack and an sblive (value) to work for recording?
>
> I get output from the microphone (actually a guitar, but I don't think
> that makes much difference) through my speakers, but jack hears
> nothing.
>
> I have MIC set to capture in alsamixer and ac97 capture is turned up.
> Is there anything else I need to do?
>
> If I haven't given enough info, please just tell me.

You should use the multichannel devices, hw:x,2 for capture and hw:x,3
for playback. This allows you to record mic and line in separately.
The inputs should appear on 4 different JACK ports, out of the 16. You
will have to use trial and error (meterbridge helps a lot) to determine
which inputs correspond to which JACK ports.

This configuration bypasses the mixer completely.

See Documentation/emu10k1-jack.txt for more info. ALSA 1.0.9 or later
is required.

Lee