Re: [linux-audio-user] Mentor for Debian Official 3.1r-0a (Sarge) and Linux Audio

From: MarC <marc_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 21 2005 - 18:18:29 EEST

En/na Brett McCoy ha escrit:

> The Other wrote:
>
>> I'm moving from Debian Woody to Debian Sarge, and would like
>> assistance on setting up the system to optimally run Linux Audio
>> packages.
>>
>> Such suggestions would be which of the 2.6 kernels to run, which
>> kernel patch sets to use, etc. I'm on a dial-up connection to the
>> Internet, which takes me around 2 hours to download a kernel source.
>

> If you are using Debian, why not use Demudi? It already has everything
> you need for low-latency audio, if you don't want to spend your hours
> downloading source code and compiling your stuff by hand.
>
> http://demudi.agnula.org/
>
> -- Brett

I think I know the answer... In my case I use debian because I want to
use the same system for audio and for other purposes like email,
browsing the web, pdfs, programming. I want to record new ideas without
rebooting the system while I'm doing other stuff...

It's enough if you add the demudi sources:
http://apt.agnula.org/demudi/
testing
main local extra

and install those packages:
kernel-multimedia
realtime-lsm

and you will also see how a lot of other applications are added to your
repository.
don't forget to update to the demudi's jack,ardour version. sarge's
broken (ehem, it doesn't work for me).