Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa 1.0.9 usb midi controllers

From: Clemens Ladisch <clemens@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 27 2005 - 17:59:39 EEST

James Stone wrote:
> I have just upgraded to alsa 1.0.9 and the midi controllers on my
> evolution mk-249C no longer work.. Has something changed with the alsa
> config files?

No. I rewrote the handling of the various USB MIDI protocols, but my
SC-8820 that uses the same protocol as your keyboard still works fine.

Is snd-usb-audio loaded?

Is usb-midi _not_ loaded?

Does the device appear in /proc/asound/cards and in the output of
"amidi -l" and "arecordmidi -l"?

Is there some output for keys and/or controllers when running
"amidi -d -p portname"?

Regards,
Clemens