Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Drum notation

From: Chris Cannam <chris.cannam@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jun 29 2005 - 01:48:16 EEST

<chris.cannam@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Rosegarden supports drum and other configurable note heads
>
> Oooh, oooh, oooh! You just got my attention. ;^)

I fear I'm about to lose it again! --

> Can I do this for an entire "pitch" on the staff all at once?

Nope.

All you can do at the moment is select one or more notes and then select
Adjust -> Note Style -> and choose a note shape. The shapes are not
built-in -- they're defined in XML files in the styles directory,
documented in the Rosegarden Handbook under Customising Rosegarden.
You can define styles using any available font element or pixmap.

Setting a default shape for each pitch in a drum map would be an
excellent addition to our ongoing drum map work at the moment, though.
I should give that some thought.

Chris