Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mellotron sounds

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 30 2005 - 18:41:19 EEST

Greg wrote:

Here's the plugin I have --
http://www.gmediamusic.com/gforce/m-tron/M-Tron.html

I got it back when I was still using XP & Cakewalk (Just VSTi then,
apparently now it's available as RTAS).

> This guy: http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/aphex/113/ offers a limited
> set of mellotron samples, at least since 1999 (first google for
> "mellotron copyright").

OK, cool.. some WAV files... guess they'd need to be converted into
soundfonts?

> these guys: http://www.mellotron.com/cdlist.htm sell a sample CD for
> 199. They don't mention anywhere on that page that they own the
> mellotron sounds or that they're making the disk under special
> license.

They may be licensed... what software is available under Linux for
playing Gigasampler files?

-- Brett
Programmer by day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.chapelperilous.net