Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mellotron sounds

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 02 2005 - 12:55:50 EEST

Last Thursday 30 June 2005 17:03, John Check was like:
> Someone mentioned copyright but the chances of getting sued are pretty
> slim. It's not like we'd be eating Chamberlins lunch

I think that may be exactly the situation. So long as we use original samples,
credit our sources and no-one makes any money out of it, the worst case
scenario is that Mellotron Archives insist we take the soundfonts off-line. I
think we might have a reasonable chance to argue that their endorsement of
these soundfonts might be a very cool PR move in the current climate of Linux
acceptance if it came to that. (: So I'm an optimist. :)

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk