Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: Using Linux as Bass amp / preamp

From: Neal Otto Spaulding <nealos@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 03 2005 - 18:22:45 EEST

> I've just seen a Behringer which seems to be very
> flexible:
>
> http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_behringer_mic200_tube_
> ultragain_preamp_prodinfo.html
>
> I do not know how it will sound, but I think I'll
> try it :) .

Keep us posted on how it works out. I'd be curious to
hear what you think of it. I've put my bass through
the stripped down DI-100 which gives a phat, clean
signal to work with. I usually end up using a
compression (although it looks like the mic200 has a
built-in limiter) and/or EQ plugin to get the bass
track to sit comfortably in the mix. If the mic200
sounds good and has some versatility, it would seem
like it could get some heavy use on vocals and other
instruments as well.

cheers,

Neal

Yahoo! Sports