Re: [linux-audio-user] midisport 2x2

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 12:44:33 EEST

Last Monday 04 July 2005 04:44, Stephen Ceresia was like:
> I recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.12-2multimedia-386, and I seem to
> have killed my perfectly functioning Midisport 2x2.  When I launch
> seq24, the Midisport outputs no longer appears as options.  It seems
> that my cheap onboard laptop soundcard has been defaulted to take care
> of MIDI.  The firmware appears to load successfully, and I've tried
> doing $ modprobe snd-seq , but no luck.  Any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated... I just got some new gear and was having a great
> time sequencing... what bad timing!

There is now a 2.6.12-3-multimedia-* kernel available from Agnula, the
problems you describe may have been fixed (I don't know). This may also be
due to changes in the ALSA modules (since >= 1.0.6) where MIDI support has
been separated out from the individual card drivers. try modprobing
snd-mpu401 with appropriate parameters. If this turns out to be a bug in the
kernel implementation, it would be useful to report this on the AGNULA user
list <users@email-addr-hidden>.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk