Re: [linux-audio-user] Kernel building (was: What parts of Linux audio simply suck?)

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 20:44:24 EEST

> It seems to me, every time I go to build a kernel and try
> to dig this info up, that the knowledge is somewhat spread
> out and not easily found. Wikis are good at collecting this
> sort of knowledge, I think. If you need a wiki dust
> particle to form this raindrop on, try this one:
> http://fugal.net:2500/linuxaudio/new/Kernels
>
> That goes for everyone, of course.

The problem is what you wrote above: Such knowledge currently
expires faster than you can type a tutorial.

I just have read some things about how to build a kernel, and
as soon you have learned a bit you'll find the next page
which states that there meanwhile is another solution ;-) .

So, perhaps we should wait a bit until things have settled a
bit...

But what do users in the time remaining? We should use the
most recent kernels to see how well it works or even not :( .

Best regards

    ce