Re: [linux-audio-user] no sound card

From: Musikun <midi_organ_net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 16:05:15 EEST

Hi,

Fedora Core 3 has ALSA modules in the following directory.
/lib/modules/(kernel ver.)/kernel/sound

Check first if "snd-opl3sa2.ko" exists. If not, you will have to
compile alsa-driver from its source. To do this, kernel source
is also needed.

Even if the module exists, the package "alsa-utils" installed on
Fedora Core 3 seems to lack the script "alsaconf", so you will
have to describe options (I/O port, IRQ, and so on) yourself in
/etc/modprobe.conf .

BTW I have found an interesting article in the following URL.
The writer may be the person who can help you.

http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2004-November/009979.html

Kind Regards

--
Musikun
P/S Thanks for using TOSHIBA PC with YAMAHA sound chip