Re: [linux-audio-user] 2x RME Multifaces, ALSA, JACK & Ardour -> XRUNS?

From: Frank smith <fsmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 08 2005 - 17:20:28 EEST

Hi
I have only the RME Hammerfall and a DDX3216 desk.

I use 16 tracks on 2 adats into the PC running Fervent Software.
You may be able to borrow a Fervent CD and try this and see if you still
get the xruns.
This may be able to point you in the right direction.

I can record 16 tracks fine into ardour (when I configure the desk
correctly!!)
I was under the impression that the RME multi's were fully supported in
Linux.

Have you insured you have the RME drivers installed and loaded?
Are you running 64bit?
Your systems seems more than adequate for recording to Ardour.

Just a few thoughts
cheers
Bob

--