[linux-audio-user] two alsa/jack questions

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 19:38:47 EEST

Hi

I'd like to be able to restore a complex scenario of multiple softsynths
running and midi and audio routed between them and baybe a sequencer and
some jack fx. Is there a best way to do this? If not I imagined just
writing a bash script for each song that starts and connects everything.

I know and use aconnect from bash. I also managed to have my hardware
showup at the same alsa client number, but it seems that whatever synth
I start first it shows up as client 129. Can this be fixated or should I
poke in /proc/ to find what's where.

Same with jack, although here I don't know what to supply for src_port
and dest_port for jack_connect (I guess that's what I'll be using).

Thanks in advance for any help...

--
Peace, love & harmony
Atte