Re: [linux-audio-user] what distro do you use?

From: Steve D <groups@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 05:16:18 EEST

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 06:58:36PM +0200, paniq@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> a.) what (linux) distribution do you use?

AGNULA DeMuDi, a customized version of Debian. The recently released
DeMuDi 1.2.1 has been the easiest Linux distribution I have ever
installed (since 1997), with the least amount of post-installation
configuration necessary--

http://demudi.agnula.org/

> b.) does the distribution that you use supply a lot of audio-related packages
> by default?

Yes. It is geared toward exactly that--customizng Debian for audio and
multimedia purposes. It includes and installs a large quantity of
diverse audio/multimedia programs, and one can always download more
using Debian's apt tools (synaptic, aptitude, apt-get).

> c.) do you consider the distribution that you use to be notably adequate for
> audio production? why?

It serves my own needs very well as a musician and sometime composer,
and has been stable, dependable and loads of fun.

-sd
Cats are animals that know what their rights are. -Eli Khamarov