Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa midi processor again

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 17:25:38 EEST

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> I asked a while back about a midi processor, and was told to look at
> QMidiRoute. I haven't figured out how to build that yet.
>
> But now I'm thinking wouldn't it be possible use pd instead?
>
> Basically I'd like to have input from at least 3 keyboards distributed
> to various alsa clients, maybe with some splits. The setup needs to be
> recallable from command line...

I'm sure you can get Pd to do what you want, especially if Frank
Barknecht advises you. ;-)

However, there's a nice project just waiting for an enterprising Linux
audio/MIDI app developer: a software equivalent to the Yamaha MEP4 (MIDI
event processor). The MEP4 was a rechannelizer, splitter, MIDI event
filter/modifier, etc. It was great fun to use and very handy around the
hardware MIDI studio. Google for ' Yamaha MEP4' for more info.

Best,

dp