Re: [linux-audio-user] Driving Jack and Jamin and Ardour

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 22:11:23 EEST

Frank smith wrote:

> Is there a way of starting Ardour from Jamin or Jack, can jack control
> them?
> I keep having to go between Ardour and jamin on my 17" monitor,
> Just wondering if I'm missing something.

If you set the synch in Ardour to Jack (via the Options Editor), you
should be able to start Ardour from the qjackctl transport or any other
transport that is using jack synch (Jamin has a jack-enabled transport;
works very well with Hydrogen and Rosegarden also).

-- Brett
Programmer by day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.chapelperilous.net
http://www.alhazred.com