Re: [linux-audio-user] alsa midi processor again

From: Wolfgang Woehl <tito@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 13:32:20 EEST

Peter Brinkmann <brinkman@email-addr-hidden-berlin.de>:

> You're right, I'm not worried about performance. My main concern is
> that this simple router only deals with note on/off events and
> silently drops everything else. If I were to develop a full-fledged
> MIDI router, I would spend some time meditating on what to do with
> control change events and such since it's not entirely clear how to
> split those.

Midi techs probably frown upon this but still: Having something that can
turn Note On's into MMC (Midi Machine Control) would be nice. I have an
88-keys master that cannot emit MMC. I'd happily spend an octave on
being able to transport control/rec enable Ardour and the such directly
from where I sit and play. It would involve some kind of parsing as a
keypress and release from the board is a "Note On x velocity v" &&
"Note On x velocity 0" some time later.

Wolfgang