Re: [linux-audio-user] jack and Edirol UA-1A USB soundcard

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 21 2005 - 03:09:59 EEST

Dubphil wrote:

> add the option nrpacks=1 to the module snd-usb-audio and check this :
> $ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep -e CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL -e USB_BANDWIDTH
>
> if the output is this :
>
> CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y
> # CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH is not set

I don't understand what nrpacks=1 does. I don't have /proc/config.gz,
but my kernel config is in /boot/

aarhus:~# cat /boot/config-2.6.12-3-multimedia-386 | grep -e
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL -e USB_BANDWIDTH
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y
CONFIG_USB_BANDWIDTH=y

My initial test (without the edirol connected to sound system) seems to
indicate that it's more stable now. But I'm not sure jack is connecting
to alsa in the correct way. At least xmms complains with something like
"jacks not running". Alsa although ams seems to work fine it doesn't
show up in the jack client list in qjackctl...

Am I out of luck?

--
   .''`.  Peace, love & harmony
  : :' :  Atte