Re: [linux-audio-user] No capturing in 2.6.12.2

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 01:18:51 EEST

Argh,

> Sounds like some sort of modem thing.

no it doesn't sound like anything - it *is* a modem ;-) .

My fault. Suddenly, when booting 2.6.12.2, my USB card is card
0 instead of the AC 97 one.

Now, the outputs of amixer do not differ between 2.6.10 and
2.6.12.2.

BUT:

* My USB card has always been card 2 (or even three) on
2.6.10. This is the first day that the USB card is card 0

* The USB card now remains as card 0 even in 2.6.10?!?

* In 2.6.12 I get no input, but at least the monitor (direct
throughput) works

* Now in 2.6.10 even the monitor doesn't work

BTW: 2 problems that exists on my box for a long time now is
that

* /etc/init.d/alsasound restart results in
"cat /proc/asound/cards - no soundcards". I have to reboot to
fix this. This is independent from the running kernel. Maybe
I have misconfigured something, or it's a Gentoo bug.
Re-emerging alsa-lib didn't solce the problem

* After a reboot the mixer settings are never restored, all
controls are set to 0. I added alsa to the boot process, and
when shutting down it tells me "Storing mixer levels", but
these do not get restored for any reason. Can anyone tell me
which the file is where alsactl stores the settings? I'd like
to check it

Besides the modules.conf, are there further alsa configuration
files which I could delete to avoid such weird behaviours due
to old config files?

cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.6 (Sun
Aug 15 07:17:53 2004 UTC).
Compiled on Jul 19 2005 for kernel 2.6.10.20050719 (SMP).

epm -qa | grep alsa-lib
alsa-lib-1.0.9

Should I have installed drivers of the same version as the
lib?

Best regards

    ce