Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.12-3 multimedia kernel--snd-mpu401  does  not modprobe

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 09:44:27 EEST

On Thursday 21 July 2005 15:39, linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden
wrote:
> I put an entry in /etc/modules if it doesn't auto-load.
>
> I'm currently running the 2.6.12-3-multimedia-686 kernel and it
> autoconfigured my MIDI port fine. What soundcard are you using? I have
> experienced problems with the i8x0 alsa drivers (since alsa-1.0.6).

It is attempting to load the driver as per the preexisting successful alsa
configuration and this fails. I had to place the sequencer in /etc/modules at
one point when this was being skipped but load of snd-mpu401 fails.

I am using it to drive and older sw60xg sound generator. This card uses no IRQ
or DMA, just a port address. So the driver is being modprobed with
appropriate port=0x300 irq=-1 options. Maybe this stuff has changed?