Re: [linux-audio-user] Noise reduction plugins

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 22 2005 - 12:03:24 EEST

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 04:10:24 -0700, Iain Duncan wrote:
> Can that be used with ecasound do you know? Or at least called from the
> command line on a file? I'm going to be applying the same settings to a
> whole wack of small files.

I dont think it can. GUI apps under linux are remarkably poor for thier
scriptability on the whole, compared with OSX for eg. I saw something
about automatically embedding scrptability into GTK menus, so external
apps could script menu choices etc., but I think it was just experimental.

FWIW, there are problems with using (LADSPA) plugins to remove noise, they
only get to pass one way over the signal, so the results wouldnt't be very
good. Decent noise removal lagorithms, like GWC, are multipass.

- Steve