Re: [linux-audio-user] Poor Schmuck...

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 02:38:11 EEST

> Seems this fella from Oreilly is having some trouble
> figuring out how to get ardour, jack, and the like working
> to his satisfaction.
>
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/7421

I really get angry about such articles.

Yes, there are still areas where linux audio sucks.

But heh, I started three years ago and it was a mess. And
today?

I was able to use MusE, Rosegarden and Ardour regardless that
I'm a hobbyist.

Furthermore, I'm not a computer professional. I'm a
woodworking technician. And then there is a guy who tells
he's a professional and he spreads that linux audio sucks?

If he was the professional he told in the article he should
shut up and ask the documentation and other online resources
before posting such an article. Complaining about Ardour?!?
Guy, buy a puppet and shut up.

You can use Cubase? Spend the time you spent learning Cubase
in learning Linux audio and you're done.

You're not interested? Then use Cubase and avoid writing such
articles.

Really angry,

    ce