Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [LAM] My first song

From: October <extremecs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 18:18:09 EEST

Damn, that's impressive! I really like it.

I'd sure like to find a way to pull off that sort of
electronic sounds with native synths instead of
samples. I've pulled off some really interesting
stuff by jacking ZynAddSubFX through Freqtweak but
nothing like that (yet!)

Hope to hear more of your work!

Best,

Jon Hoskins

P.S. I didn't even know you *could* sequence hydrogen
from an external. Care to go into a little bit more
detail on what this entails?

--- Sebastian Gutsfeld <segoh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> jmstone@email-addr-hidden writes:
>
> > Care to say a bit about how it was made?
>
> There's no outboard equipment involved. The
> bellalike sounding synth
> and the bass synth are selfcoded in Csound and
> controlled in realtime
> via midi. For the drums I created an own Hydrogen
> drumkit from some
> samples I found on a cd called "the electro age"
> from steinberg. The
> strings are a freeware soundfont called "tron
> strings" (don't know where
> I found it) played by MusE's internal fluidsynth.
> And some LADSPA
> effects like TAP autopanner for the bell synth.
>
> Everything (even Hydrogen) sequenced in MusE,
> recorded in Ardour and
> mastered with Jamin.
>
> Sebastian

In a world without walls who needs gates or windows?

                               --unknown

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs