Re: [linux-audio-user] 2.6.12-3 multimedia kernel--snd-mpu401

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 10:38:54 EEST

On Friday 22 July 2005 17:38, linux-audio-user-request@email-addr-hidden
wrote:
> > So the driver is being modprobed with appropriate port=0x300
> > irq=-1 options. Maybe this stuff has changed?
>
> Try adding "pnp=0".

Could be! The Yamaha card is not only NOT pnp, it has no footprint at
all--Windows will not detect it as a "new" device. This can be an advantage!

I have taken this kernel off meanwhile because the DRM compiled with it also
does not work. Debian has posted its 2.6.12, now called "linux-image" because
of the these demudi "kernel-image"s, I suppose. I'll play with that first.
The jack packages on SId are a mess right now, anyway.

A problem is that a lot of alsa stuff is simply undocumented.