Re: [linux-audio-user] Question on mixer

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 13:36:32 EEST

Last Saturday 23 July 2005 17:10, Christoph Eckert was like:
> > I'd like to begin recording to my pc, with a standard one
> > input sound card.  I'd like to do vocals and midi from my
> > S90.  To do the vocals though, I'd like the output of
> > what's on the computer, and the output of what's coming
> > from the S90, to go to the vocalist, but only be recording
> > her vocals, not the whole main mix again.
>
> As long only the mic is connected to the computer, you can do
> so, regardless if it is connected directly or connected to
> any mixer which sends the mic signal only to the soundcard
> via a subgroup.

Uh, I understand the question now. You can set either the 'line-in' or 'mic'
channel to 'capture'. You will only record the channel that is set to
'capture'. You will hear everything in your monitors still.

cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk