Re: [linux-audio-user] Opening up the discussion

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jul 24 2005 - 18:46:15 EEST

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 11:26:54 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> >>Are there people who consider Cubase user friendly? I guess it's
> >>reasonable for MIDI people, but if you just want to do audio it's a
> >>baffling ordeal.
> >
> >Yeah, I always thought so, but then I often find windows baffling. But
> >that bings up another point, people sometimes forget how much they had to
> >learn to use thier "natural" apps :)
> >
> Amen. I like to think that I'm a savvy computer user, but whenever I
> have to fix Ivy's machine I end up swearing like a sailor because I
> can't figure where things are under WinXP. But I must add that XP is
> certainly the nicest-looking OS I've seen yet from Redmond, and it's a
> heck of a lot more stable than any previous version of Windows that
> we've run here.

So I've heard, but in the time it took me to patch my laptop (half a dozen
MS patches), download a fedora iso and burn it I managed to crash XP
twice. I think I have the touch of death though, because some of my
collegues get along with it fine... well, they complain a lot, but who
doesnt complain about thier OS :)

- Steve