Re: [linux-audio-user] Opening up the discussion

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 16:14:11 EEST

> Wow - I'm dreaming about that; I have some 40-50ms...

the same for me some time ago. I was told that latency on USB
devices isn't limited by the card. I followed the following
hint to load the snd-usb-audio-module:

modprobe snd-usb-audio nrpacks=1

This reduced my latencies from 46msecs to something around
15msecs.

Before you do so, ensure that the following two kernel
settings are switched off for your kernel:

[ ] Enforce USB bandwidth allocation (EXPERIMENTAL)
[ ] Dynamic USB minor allocation (EXPERIMENTAL)

If not, happy kernel building ;-) .

--
 Gruß & regards
    ce