Re: [linux-audio-user] No capturing in 2.6.12.2

From: Christoph Eckert <mchristoph.eckert@email-addr-hidden-online.de>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 17:36:13 EEST

Hi,

> > I already knew about the index options, but regardless
> > which combinatioin I try, it appears to take no effect.
>
> You didn't accidentally use /etc/modules.conf instead of
> /etc/modprobe.conf?  Or probably you compiled the drivers
> into the kernel instead of using modules?

In Gentoo it is split into /etc/modules.d/alsa. It always
worked well with my 2.6 kernels, so I do not expect
configuring the wrong file.

> > I remember that I switched on the virmidi driver when
> > rebuilding my 2.6.10 kernel. Maybe I should switch it off
> > (I don't actually use it...)?
>
> If the snd-virmidi module is loaded before one of the other
> drivers, that other driver won't be able to take the index
> it was told to use and will use the first free one instead.

I'll check that and recompile the kernel without this module,
if necessary.

BTW: Many thanks for all your hints I already got. You really
keep me stay tuned to linux audio :) .

Best regards

    ce