Re: [linux-audio-user] debian libjack problem

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 03:16:54 EEST

Joachim Schiele wrote:

> maybe anyone here can give me some hints:
> i don't want to loose my kde 3.4 but
>
> libarts1-dev depends (=) NOT (>=) on libjack0.80.0-dev so i can't install
> libjack0.100.0-dev ;P
>
> do i have to recompile everything now? i'm totally lost.

The upgrade to jackd .100 on Debian broke a lot of things on Debian that
use the older jackd. If you check the bugs for jackd on the Debian
site, you'll see some info on the migration of the many apps that will
need to be rebuilt to use the newer jackd.

-- Brett

--
Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night
http://www.chapelperilous.net