Re: [linux-audio-user] Even more music made with linux

From: Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 18:04:01 EEST

James:
>> http://www.notam02.no/~kjetism/mp3/preludium.ogg
>
>I always thought "bypass" meant "do bugger all to the signal".
>
>Maybe I'm wrong, but if I'm not, then you've been using Jamin as a
>fancy noop in your graph.

Thats right. Everyone use Jamin and I wouldn't be any worse. However, no
matter what I did, I couldn't get better sound out of it than what
was already coming in, so "Bypass" was the setting that seemed
to work best for preludium.

>Anyway - interesting track. I was waiting for the preludium to move
>onto a riffium or two, but maybe you're saving that part? Nice sound
>though.
>
>Scared me half to death when it started to hiss and crunch at the end
>- it was supposed to do that, yes?

It was intentional yes. :-)
But you are kind of hurting my feelings now. That "hiss and crunch",
as you call it, is actually the sound of when I'm trying to sing
very seriously! ;-)

>Good work - very atmospheric. Are you going to do something to
>follow?

Thank you very much. Perhaps there will be more parts.