Re: [linux-audio-user] audacity and jack

From: Eric Robert <roberteric@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 26 2005 - 20:11:22 EEST

Brad Fuller wrote:
> I've seen several messages describe audacity usage with jack. I searched
> for a package like this and also looked at the source doc to see if I
> could build it in. I don't see anything. Do I need to build audacity
> with the portaudio=v19 switch to obtain it? Or, is audacity even jack
> aware?

You have to rebuild audacity with the latest portaudio v19 snpashot
(unpack it in audacity source directory and rename it after the name
used in this directory -i don't remember) then:
./configure --with-portaudio=v19 --without-portmixer && make

see here for more details:
http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2005-July/024519.html

It works fine
Eric