Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: More music -> Even more music

From: Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 00:13:01 EEST

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 22:10 +0100, james@email-addr-hidden-dot-dat.net wrote:
> What is buzz like nowadays? It's been a long time since I played with
> it. In fact, it had just come out. Are there still a lot of people
> making machines for it?

There's a not so nice and very educational story to be told there.

While still in beta, the developer of Buzz suffered Major data loss. All
source code wiped out. No version control software, no backups. End of
story.

So, nothing has been really happening to it. Some people have created
binary patches for some problems in Buzz, but that's about it on the
development side.

People are still using it and writing machines for it though.

http://www.buzzmachines.com/

 (Disclaimer: I've not used Buzz myself, this is 2nd hand knowledge
  from a friend. If someone contradicts what i just said, they might
  be right!)

btw. The FAQ has a section for using Buzz under Linux:
http://web.hibo.no/~mva/viewreview.php?id=706

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden>