[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: More music -> Even more music

From: James Stone <jmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 00:40:46 EEST

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:37:07 +0200, Leonard "paniq" Ritter wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 July 2005 09:37, James Stone wrote:
>> > this is my sunday track:
>> >
>> > http://unreleased.paniq.org/paniq-sunday_bam.ogg
>>
>> I know James Shuttleworth has already said this, but could you say a bit
>> about how this track was made?
>>
>>From your site, I suspect Buzz under wine. Is this correct? Its a lovely
>> track anyway.
>
> although it has not been made with a native linux program? well, i'm only
> starting! :)
>
> yes, it has been made with buzz under wine. however i dont doubt that this
> could be done with native programs as well. its just that i'm used to this
> program a lot, but i'm trying to get away from it.

I hadn't really realised that Buzz worked so well under Wine.. Just
tested it this evening. I like the jack output options.. And no, I wasn't
trying to belittle your music for not being Linux native!!

I think there is nothing quite like Buzz in Linux.. Beast/BSE is trying to
be like it (I think), but has a horribly unintuitive interface at
present.. Also I can't manage to get instruments to play without using up
all the voices (my lack of skill I think!).. There is another project
called Buzztard (a stupid name IMHO), which is more of a direct copy of
Buzz (aiming to go further though), but that is still in alpha, and CVS
only. Most of my music under Linux has been either tracked (soundtracker)
or sequenced with Muse..

James (Stone)