RE: [linux-audio-user] A few questions, some suggestions

From: BJaY <BJaY@email-addr-hidden-mail.net>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 00:48:43 EEST

>Last Tuesday 26 July 2005 10:55, BJaY was like:
>> 1)      I recently upgraded from a Celeron 633 to a PIII 866 and now I
>> can't get 48K to work properly. I set qjackctl 48000 but when I start it
it
>> reports 47010, Ardour reports 4.7K and QSynth/Fluidsynth is out of tune
by
>> about a tone. The clock also seems to be gaining time. This has happened
>> be before on my laptop (no upgrade, stuff was just out of tune). Suspect
>> ACPI, any thoughts ?

>Did you just upgrade the processor, nothing else and you're not
overclocking?

<cheers,

>tim hall

The motherboard wont allow anything like that (compaq, all atomatic). The
FSB changed 66->100, but it happened once on my laptop, might have been
after a RAM upgrade, can't remember. I changed the sample rate settings in
Qsynth once but I just got a different 'out of tune'. It all works fine at
44100 but I'm using a cheepo SB card, I think may be one of the ones that
only does 48K natively, so I'd like to use this rate.

Sorry about the multiple posts, safe-mail's spam filter being intelligent
again...

http://glastonburymusic.org.uk