Re: [linux-audio-user] problem with virmidi and Demudi

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 16:42:47 EEST

Greetings:

  This quest has become a frustrating task. No word from anyone at ALSA
whether the module is in fact broken, and no-one knows exactly how to
install it under Demudi's 2.6.12 kernel. I have read other reports that
the module can't be installed, so I'm concluding that it is in fact
broken (at least under the Demudi kernel build). Bummer.

  If anyone else on the list is using the latest Demudi please try

  And yes, Clemens is correct, the snd-seq-virmidi module is not the
module I want.

  The modules loading process is little more involved than with 2.4,
perhaps I'm still missing some necessary step ? Modinfo is certainly a
handy utility though. :)

Best regards,

dp