Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [LAM] A piece with singing...

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jul 29 2005 - 12:37:56 EEST

James Stone wrote:

cool - another

> I am not completely happy with my singing on this but didn't think it was
> worth being too perfect against the background of cheesy soundfonts.. I
> may yet re-record it..

sounds fine to me. maybe bring outthe organ in the, um, breakdown (?)
*just a tad* ...

> On the subject of Mics, does anyone think it is worth spending anything on
> a low-end microphone considering I will be recording in a room with
> echoing walls, and a not=so silent computer, into a cheap SBLive! card??

man, spend the money on booze instead, or whatever yr poison may be ...
keep it simple like this and you can't go wrong ... i'd maybe get one of
those pantyhose things to put in front of the mic to get rid of those
plosives maybe, but man that sounds great to me. let the producer worry
about that stuff when you get signed up ;)

shayne