Re: [linux-audio-user] Range of instruments

From: <davidrclark@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 30 2005 - 21:31:15 EEST

The recommendations given thus far are probably good choices for the
original question.

For those who really want to study *instruments*, I believe that the foremost
text is: The Physics of Musical Instruments 2ed. (ISBN 0-387-98374-0),
by Fletcher and Rossing. Some may say this is too technical; I say
it's not technical enough, but merely an introduction. It does require
some understanding of physics at the Halliday & Resnick level, introductory
physics with calculus. (Oh, I keep forgetting that they added some guy
named Walker.) Fletcher and/or Rossing have also published other books
and articles that some readers may find more suitable.