Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

From: PhilJackson <pjfjacks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 06:05:40 EEST

I did as Paul suggested in qjackctl and set the frames/period to 2048.
Same error. At 512 frames per period and below qjackctl seems to run
fine. Above 512 I get the same errors that jack server cannot start.
Still no evidence of anything hitting the soundcanvas. Qjackclt
gave me the options of hw:0, default, and hw:1. The latter gave me the
heinous error message popup, former 2 did not.

BTW - alsaconf is not at all installed, nor appears available. My
synaptic package manager informs me that I do indeed have alsa-utils,
looking at the properties/dependancies the file alsaconf falls under the
category of :
Conflicts: alsaconf
Conflicts: alsaconf-0.4
Replaces: alsautils