Re: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

From: PhilJackson <pjfjacks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Aug 02 2005 - 03:49:48 EEST

>OK. It's not clear that ALSA is seeing this port.
>
>Lee

Hi Lee,

This tells me what it is seeing:
root@email-addr-hidden:/home/fractalvibes # aconnect -io
client 0: 'System' [type=kernel]
    0 'Timer '
    1 'Announce '
client 64: 'CS46XX' [type=kernel]
    0 'CS46XX '

Since I've been told that Alsa does not support the hardware synth on
the soundcard type CS46XX, getting the MIDI routed through the soundcard
to the Sound Canvas seems the only thing to do. I take it that the
joystick port should be showing as some type of "through"
port? So maybe anything Alsa,jack, etc. tries to route to CS46XX just
goes into the "bit bucket"?

thanks,

Phil