[linux-audio-user] LAM - More Girls Music - Couch

From: Shayne O'Connor <forums@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Aug 03 2005 - 07:40:10 EEST

hi all

here's my latest ardour production ...
http://www.machinehasnoagenda.com/music/media/the_girls/the_sailor/03_-_the_girls_-_couch.ogg

this is my first linux production where i've collaborated with other
people ... sort of a "band" situation, but as usual that doesn't seem to
be panning out. is james "killer bee" on bass and some backup vocals,
and rose on flute and other pipes ... rose is a friend who i didn't know
had played a bunch of wind instruments growing up (recorder mainly), so
it was a pleasant surprise to find out she did. we've both got kids
though, so we only got a chance to do a practice session so far ... i
managed to edit it into a nice shape, so i'm going with it. you can hear
some mic noise near the beginning from recording the flute, but it was
such a nice flute phrase i had to keep it ... plus maybe it sounds like
someone sitting down on a couch ;) i hope rose don't mind me jumping
the gun here - i think she *really* wants to work on the flute (and i
guess i'll let her ... ), but me likes the ricketyness.

this was recorded into ardour, with hydrogen as the drums (the drums
really, really irk me ... especially the crash at the end of the
choruses). the xylophone is from hexter (or xsynth?) ... ladspa plate
reverb on vocals and other ... used Guitar Rig for guitar (plus SC1
ladspa compression plugin) ... specimen to get the handclaps in ... the
organ is either ZynAddSubFX or B4 - i'm pretty sure that's a B4 sound,
though ...

please - tell me what you think!!!

shayne