[linux-audio-user] Soundcard question, audiophile 192 and usb

From: Allan Graves <allan.graves@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Aug 04 2005 - 16:35:46 EEST

Anyone using the audiophile 192 by m-audio? I see that the audiophile
2496 is supported, but alsa doesn't list the audiophile 192 as
anything. Have people gotten usb sound cards to work with low
latencies? The ardour page says to not use them, but I seem to recall
some people on this list using them with success for realtime
situations....
Also, anyone have any thoughts on using total software mixing vs.
hardware mixing for computer based recording, live play, etc?

--
---
Allan Graves