RE: [linux-audio-user] Newbie Linux user Struggling with MIDI

From: pjfjacks <pjfjacks@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Aug 05 2005 - 03:23:25 EEST

Hi Lee,

Well things went form bad to worse...a post earlier this week suggested I go
here:
http://demudi.agnula.org/wiki/InstallApt
so I did and followed these instructions:
If you want to use the latest A/DeMuDi stable release (currently 1.2.1) you
can download packages from the Internet inserting the following lines in
your /etc/apt/sources.list file:
# A/DeMuDi stable
 deb http://demudi.agnula.org/packages/demudi stable main

So I did that. Later I ran synaptic it wanted to update - took about 2
hours or so. Went back and fetched vkeybd as suggested. All ok until I
rebooted the machine - now I have no internet connectivity at all! Ubuntu
pretty much took care of setting up the network connections when initially
installed, so I've no idea what to change or to what. How can I get back to
where I was before? Reintall Ubuntu? Wipe the Disk? ARRRG!

BTW - tried as you suggested - cranked up ROseGarden, then fired up qjackctl
- under MIDI connections RoseGarden shows up as a Writable Client / Input
port - is that right? Anyways, jack won't tun now no matter the
frames/period selected....

Deep sigh...

Phil J.

On Tue, 2005-08-02 at 21:06 -0500, pjfjacks wrote:
> Hi Lee,
>
> Perhaps I may have a fundamental lack of understanding of how all of this
> works in concert? What widgets need I fire up in what order?

First launch Rosegarden. Then go into "Connect" in qjackctl, click the
"MIDI" tab, and connect Rosegarden's MIDI output to the CSxxx MIDI
input.

Lee